Friday, February 24, 2012

Ollie - healthy as a horse, thanks to you!


At the end of January we were faced with a scary situation when recently adopted Ollie was diagnosed with Parvo. He was rushed to Altavista Animal hospital, fighting for his life. Ollie's new mom, Rebecca, had enough on her plate, and the last thing Hopeful Hearts wanted her to worry about was how she was going to pay this enormous vet bill.

Animal lovers united and together we managed to raise an amazing $2227.83, which covered Ollie's vet bill. It was a very hard week for everyone, but thanks to your unwavering support, little Ollie pulled through and went home with his mom a week later.


"Ollie and I would like to thank everyone for their generous donations a few weeks ago to the Dollars for Ollie fund that went towards vet bills. It was a trying time when Ollie fell ill with Parvo. He was weak and virtually lifeless. I was completely overcome with worry and sadness, fearing my little guy would be taken away so soon after his arrival. Fortunately, he received great care from the staff at Alta Vista just in time. Ollie pulled through tremendously. You wouldn’t be able to tell from his size, but he is a fighter. He knew lots of love, playtime, cuddles and treats were waiting for him, so he didn’t take long to convince the vets he was ready to come home. He even came home on the day of my birthday, and I couldn’t have asked for a more special gift.

Ollie is now healthy and happy again, and growing so quickly! He is just biding time until he can play with fur friends and meet new ones again. He can’t wait to go to puppy kindergarten. Ollie and I are truly blessed to have had the support from all of the generous people at Hopeful Hearts. It is so warming to feel the support, even from complete strangers! For example, when it was time to bring him home, I first stopped to pick up some food for him at the store. I was so excited that he was going to be okay and could come home that I told the store clerk all about him. She said, “Oh, are you talking about Ollie from Hopeful Hearts? I donated to his fund!” It is truly remarkable how this community rallied together to make things easier for Ollie, and myself. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you all so much, you do amazing things! Ollie and I look forward to a long and healthy life as a family." -- Rebecca & Ollie

Roz Phelps, founder of Hopeful Hearts, presenting Rebecca with the donations cheque.


Hopeful Hearts is incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful, caring people. You truly are making this world a better place. Thank you for everything you do!

3 comments:

ShareThis